Blogger/ Writer/ Journalist / Reporter CANADA BRANDS™
Writer/ Blogger/ Journalist/ Reporter
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Writing, editing and proofreading local news and analysis items
- Search for local news sources
- Search for global news sources
- Search for local analysts, bloggers and additional financial content providers
- Pitch and execute story ideas, find relevant sources
- Write exclusive, unique and engaging content suited to our audiences
- Ability to work to short and tight deadlines and deliver quality work in a highly demanding environment
- Social media and some PR management
- Able to write and edit in Canadian English
- Experience as a Digital Writer, Journalist or Editor
- Knowledge of economic and/or financial markets terminology
- Online marketing experience
- SEO experience
- Self-starter able to juggle multiple priorities with a strong desire to meet and exceed expectations
*Note: This is a work from home position in which the successful candidate may have to report to our North York office occasionally.
Job Location: Toronto, ON
Required education: Diploma/Certificate
- Diploma or certificate in related field
- Communications: 1 year
As an employer, we aim to:
- Enhance the professional development of our employees
- Provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals
- Promote diversity in our industry and corporate culture
- Contribute to our communities at large
CANADA BRANDS™ eCommerce Platform completion:
Part of qualifications & application process, you have option to create LYSON MEDIA™ account (Free). Your account is important. It helps you understand our marketplace & media platform. It's also where you will be get paid directly.
CANADA BRANDS™ HR Management
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CANADA BRANDS™ is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
Job Types: Revenue share, Commission, Freelance, self-employed.
Starting with 1 year contract. To be promoted to full time position with all benefits.
Contact Ms. Maria Lyson: Career@Canada-brands.ca
Salary: up to $175,000.00 /year
- Journalism: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
License or certification:
- Canadian Journalism Qualification (Required)
- English (Required)