Website/ Application Designer & Developer LYSON MEDIA™ - Toronto, ON
To, coordinate and implement the technical design for CANADA BRANDS™ ’s new website including: install, develop, test, implement and maintain CANADA BRANDS™ ’s new public facing website and corresponding web applications on WCMS, Shopify eCommerce, other applications (plug-ins).
The Digital Services team within Knowledge Services is leading the Website Renewal Project. As such, this position will have a matrix reporting to both Information Management/Information Technology and the Digital Services team.
- Leads technical implementation of CANADA BRANDS™ website development process, from concept through product creation, design, implementation and technical testing of the new CANADA BRANDS™ Website and related digital products, and integrating with back-end applications and migrating legacy applications.
- Works closely with SiteCore WCMS integrator to translate documented web/IA design and user requirements into an optimally functioning website and interactive solution (incorporating user-centred design, content navigation, responsive design and SiteCore feature optimization best practices).
- Oversees the implementation of SiteCore functionality to replicate components of the existing SharePoint website requiring significant customization.
- Performs design reviews, functional reviews, and code reviews for the various SiteCore modules, and ensures best practices have been used while implementing and leveraging .net with SiteCore features to complete the requirements
- Supports successful planning, creation, documentation and execution of a comprehensive test strategy, test plan, test cases and validation processes
- Implements a robust set of services and APIs to power the web application and builds reusable code and libraries for future use
- Produces technical documentation required for knowledge transfer, ongoing maintenance and support
- Collaborates with website renewal project team members, other areas of IMIT and stakeholders through all phases of the website migration project and works closely with UX designer to implement user centred design strategies to ensure the design and functionality provides a positive user experience and, synthesizes research outcomes into viable experiences
- Reviews privacy and accessibility legislation and infrastructure and application security requirements and measures and ensures that SiteCore and new web applications are compliant.
- Supports the migration of existing web content and assets identified in migration planning and resolves technical issues related to migration.
- Provides input into process and workflow design, and implements to optimize efficiency of CANADA BRANDS™ ’s web content management process.
- Supports infrastructure provisioning and deployment activities including but not limited to validating website architecture, and setting up development, user acceptance testing, and production environments.
- Works with IMIT colleagues to ensure that technical and architectural developments, implementations and support activities are coordinated and documented.
- Provides support for implementations or problem resolutions that may require scheduling work outside of normal business hours.
- Uses standard patterns and practices to implement scalable, high performance application framework
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience using Agile project delivery methodology
- Demonstrated implementation of enterprise .Net web applications and solutions.
- Skilled at Single page application design (angular, React.js)
- Knowledge of, and experience in user‐centered and responsive design, theory and testing methodologies, subsystems, heuristics, usability and accessibility, information architecture and Human Computer Interaction
- Skilled in HTML5, CSS3
- Knowledge of applicable accessibility standards, W3C international standards, browser compatibility issues, data privacy practices and laws
- Knowledge in developing solutions consistent with all architectural standards and security requirements.
- Knowledge of Systems Analysis and Design and associated best practices, tools and software to ensure that solutions meet the requirements of the business.
- Knowledge of CANADA BRANDS™ business areas to ensure business requirements are understood and translated into solutions that improve access to the WCMS and web services.
- Knowledge of logical information architecture and SiteCore concepts of web applications, site collection and sites such that SiteCore and web solutions and developments are compliant.
- Proficient in writing clean, readable and easily maintainable code and using code versioning tools
- Knowledge of current privacy legislation, such as FIPPA and PHIPA, to ensure that data and information are managed throughout the information life-cycle and solutions are compliant.
- Knowledge of CANADA BRANDS™ and IMIT security standards and the current deployment of protection for business and IT assets to ensure new developments are compliant and do not compromise the existing environment.
- Knowledge of current software and tools such as .Net languages, Visual Studio, and SiteCore features to enable secure remote access to and use of SiteCore services and participate in or provide support to initiatives to develop web application.
- Knowledge of SharePoint 2010 (or higher), SQL server 2008 R2/2012 (or higher), SQL server Reporting, Analysis, Integration Services and their interface with SiteCore functionality to facilitate data management, reporting and integration with other software such as MS Office.
- Knowledge of problem and application change management best practices to ensure issues are identified and resolved consistently and changes are implemented to avoid problems.
- Oral and written communication skills to interact with internal and external stakeholders, understand and reflect business requirements and produce clear, technical and user documentation. * Interpersonal and communication skills to work with Digital Services team, IMIT technical colleagues, business clients and vendors to gather and understand requirements and technical specifications and deliver web application solutions.
- Oral communication and presentation skills to impart technical information with non-technical business staff assess level of acceptance and adjust communication as necessary. Education and Experience
- Undergraduate in computer science or industry certifications in application development for content management systems, webserver environments, SiteCore, SharePoint, etc.
- 5 years’ experience developing a Content Management System is required, SiteCore is preferred
- Completion of Microsoft.net certification preferred Attributes and Competencies
- Identifies problems typically associated with developing and implementing new uses of SiteCore functions or web applications, such as failure to understand requirements, or applications do not reflect agreed designs, and plans how to address both risk and recovery.
- Recommends a particular solution from several choices to resolve problems, like a failed application or breach of confidentiality of data stored within SiteCore, and be able to justify the recommendation from technical and business perspectives following extensive root cause analysis.
- Develops and recommends guidelines, standards and processes to streamline operational decision-making.
- Analyzes privacy legislation, security updates and other development and operational policies, processes and best practices and applies to own work practices and processes.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CANADA BRANDS™ is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
CANADA BRANDS™ HR Management
Job Types: Revenue share, Commission, Freelance
Salary: $25,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Web/App Development: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)